Q1 2013 Hightlights
- 52% of consumers used a mobile device to book travel in the last 90 days
- Multi-device usage is rapidly increasing for travel-related research and purchases
- 44% of consumers are willing to spend over $500 when booking travel from a mobile device
- Mobile apps are the preferred resource over mobile sites for travel research and purchasing
- Smartphone & tablet continue to lead the charge for public Wi-Fi connections
JiWire’s Mobile Audience Insights Report is based on data compiled from three sources: a survey of more than 1,300 randomly selected customers across JiWire’s combined Wi-Fi and mobile advertising platform. The report is based on data collected from March 2013. Quarterly public Wi-Fi location rankings and business model distributions are based on the final day of the quarter.